Monday, March 15, 2010

The Story of St Anthony the Wonder Worker




Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Restorer of Sight to the Blind

Dear Saint Anthony, you recall the Gospel episode about the blind man who, partly healed, could see men "looking like walking trees." After a second laying-on of Jesus's hands, he could see perfectly. Saint Anthony, Restorer of Sight to the Blind, please sharpen my spiritual vision. May I see people, not as trees or numbers, but as sons and daughters of the Most High. Help me in my pressing needs. [name your special intentions]

Photo by Loci B. Lenar

Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Restorer of Speech to the Mute
 
Dear Saint Anthony, how tongue-tied I can be when I should be praising God and defending the oppressed. My cowardice often strikes me dumb; I am afraid to open my mouth. Saint Anthony, Restorer of Speech to the Mute, release me from my fears. Teach me to praise God and to champion the rights of those unjustly treated. Please remember also all my intentions. [name them]
 
Photo by Loci B. Lenar
 
Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Liberator of Prisoners

Dear Saint Anthony, I am imprisoned by walls of selfishness, prejudice, suspicion. I am enslaved by human respect and the fear of other people's opinions of me. Saint Anthony, Liberator of Prisoners, tear down my prison walls. Break the chains that hold me captive. Make me free with the freedom Christ has won for me. To your powerful intercession I also recommend these intentions. [name them]


Prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, Performer of Miracles

Dear Saint Anthony, your prayers obtained miracles during your lifetime. You still seem to move at ease in the realm of minor and major miracles. Saint Anthony, Performer of Miracles, please obtain for me the blessings God holds in reserve who serve Him. Pray that I may be worthy of the promises my Lord Jesus attaches to confident prayer. [mention your special intentions]
 
Photo by Loci B. Lenar

Prayer to Saint Anthony the Wonder-Worker

Saint Anthony, you are glorious for your miracles and for the condescension of Jesus who came as a little child to lie in your arms. Obtain for me from His bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You were so compassionate toward sinners, do not regard my unworthiness. Let the glory of God be magnified by you in connection with the particular request that I earnestly present to you. {mention your petition}

As a pledge of my gratitude, I promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you loved and still love so greatly. Bless this resolution of min that I may be faithful to it until death.

Saint Anthony, consoler of all the afflicted, pray for me.
Saint Anthony, helper of all who invoke you, pray for me.
Saint Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus loved and honored so much, pray for me.
Amen.

The above prayers can be found on Catholic websites.

For additional prayers, please visit the following link: Devotional Prayers

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Dear Saint Anthony, please answer my prayers and am waiting that you grant my petition. I love you and needed at this very moment... With all my heart thank you..

    ReplyDelete